W LONDON TEA TOTAL REVIEW: A GARDEN INSPIRED AFTERNOON TEA WITH A TIPSY TWIST
Melissa and I recently visited the W London to try TEA TOTAL, an afternoon tea that combines iconic tea-time classics, experiential English garden inspired sweet creations and crystallised shots from the bar’s latest cocktail menu. Set in the vibrant bar and lounge, The Perception at W London, TEA TOTAL is a delicious as well as visually stunning.
Set in the heart of bustling Soho, the W London is an ideal place to meet friends and family, colleagues or a date either side of work, shopping or entertainment. Stylish and vibrant with a laid back vibe, the W London is a feast for the eyes and the ideal hot spot for both day and night.
Presented in a mysterious shiny perspex box, this afternoon tea is shrouded in excitement and is a real talking point between guests. We opened draws and doors to reveal colourful and unique afternoon tea creations: traditional sandwiches with a twist, freshly-baked buttery scones, unconventional sweet treats and thrilling cocktail shots adorned with pop-art-esque details.
On the Menu:
- The Spring Planter - a mint-chocolate mousse-filled flower pot with popping candy dirt and sprouting micro cress.
- Banana Republic cocktail shot - shot containing Belvedere, sage, lime, apricot jam, cinnamon and banana.
- Queen Bee - fresh flavours of avocado, lemon thyme, pistachio, bee pollen and local honey sourced from Walthamstow.
- Hayfever cocktail shot - the perfect spring-summer antidote.
- Dew Drop, served on a spoon, will certainly surprise taste buds with an edible summer tomato, rose water and Tonka droplet, sitting on a bed of Oreo and coffee soil,
- Purple Rain cocktail shot - gin and Violette liqueur-based delight.
- Every Cloud - a playful variation on the popular carrot cake, infused with cardamom and sandwiched between two fluffy meringue clouds.
- Pull the Pin cocktail shot - Patron Silver, Aperol, maraschino, British strawberry and lime.
Guests complete this bright and brilliant afternoon tea with fresh buttery raisin scones served with traditional clotted cream and tart strawberry jam as well as a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly prepared on tasty hazelnut and apricot sourdough and cranberry and onion bread. Delicious!
Benjamin Cowtan, Beverage & Food Director at W London – Leicester Square added: “Our team of talented chefs and mixologists had immense fun taking something quintessentially British and adding a unique sense of playfulness. Its undeniable bold presence adds a further dimension to the gastronomic offering at W London.”
Service times: Monday to Sunday 1PM – 5PM
Pricing: £37 per person including a hot drink or £42 per person including a hot drink and a glass of Prosecco