CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW AFTERNOON TEA REVIEW: THE DRAYCOTT HOTEL, CHELSEA
We recently visited The Draycott, a charming Hotel overlooking Chelsea's picturesque Cadogan Gardens, moments from Sloane Square. The hotel presents an extra special afternoon tea this year, inspired by RHS Chelsea Flower Show. As a Chelsea resident and flower show enthusiast, I was very keen to visit the hotel to experience this quintessentially British delight!
Seated next to a roaring fire and opposite French doors overlooking the peaceful garden square, we felt instantly at home in The Drawing Room. The Draycott is steeped in Edwardian splendour, featuring high ceilings, grand fireplaces and contemporary yet period-drama-worthy decor. I felt very Downton as I sipped my tea and asked my guest to address me as Lady Victoria.
The Traditional Afternoon Tea - £28.95 per person
- Oak smoked salmon with cream cheese sandwiches
- Honey glazed ham and wholegrain mustard sandwiches
- Mature cheddar with chutney sandwiches sandwiches
- Berry and plain scones served with strawberry jam and Cornish clotted cream
- Raspberry Mille feuille
- Pistachio, white chocolate and pomegranate slice
- Chocolate mousse with honeycomb crunch
- Tea: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Chamomile, Assam, Lapsing Oolong, Mint
- Coffee: All varieties on offer, plus hot chocolate
Champagne Afternoon Tea
- Traditional offering with a glass of Billecart Salmon Brut Champagne: £38.95 pp
- Traditional offering with a glass of Billecart Salmon Rosé Champagne: £40.95 pp
Ideal for friend and family groups or a romantic date, The Draycott's afternoon tea is designed to delight. A feast for the eyes, the sandwiches and cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful. The RHS Chelsea Flower Show spin for summer includes chocolate butterflies, flower detailing and a miniature plant pot for the chocolate mousse.
The Draycott Hotel is within walking distance of Sloane Square, Sloane Street, Knightsbridge and Kings Road - perfect for shopping, dining and bar hopping. There are 35 luxurious rooms and suites, each with Sea Island cotton bedding a spacious en-suite bathroom. Rooms at the back of the hotel benefit from glorious views of the garden below, particularly beautiful at this time of the year with the cherry trees in blossom.
The hotel boasts a 24 hour reception, concierge service, chauffeur service, Wi-Fi and a guest PC. Guests are invited to enjoy a complimentary tea with homemade biscuits in the homely Drawing Room at 4pm each day. At 6pm, guests may enjoy a complimentary glass of Champagne and at 9:30pm, hot chocolate is served. Visitors who are not staying in the hotel are always welcome to enjoy the beauty of this wonderful hotel by booking an afternoon tea or dinner.