ST PANCRAS BRASSERIE AND CHAMPAGNE BAR BY SEARCYS: NEW CHAMPAGNE SCHOOL AND MENU
St Pancras Station originally opened in 1868, making 2018 the station's 150th anniversary. A masterpiece of Victorian Gothic architecture, over the years the station has experienced near-demolition and decay, followed by a fortunate and stunning restoration which was completed in 2007. Fast forward to this month and St Pancras Brasserie and Champagne Bar by Searcys are celebrating the 150-year anniversary in a very special way: the launch of a brand new Champagne School.
I recently attended the unveiling of this exciting new project and a beautiful new look for the venue (designed by Softroom), where I was lucky enough to try new cocktails, Champagne and some delicious food from the new menu. This must-visit destination in London is very easy on the eyes and has been capturing hearts since it first opened in 2007. It is easy to see why so many people speak so adoringly about the venue's tasteful and iconic decor, much-loved interior design master Martin Brudnizki (The Ivy, The Caprice, Sexy Fish, Scott’s and the new Annabel's) is behind the transformation.
Guests can enjoy the grandeur of this magnificent and historical station from Europe’s longest Champagne bar: the perfect pit-stop before hopping on the Eurostar to Paris but also a wonderful place for Londoners to return to again and again. This show-stopping 98 metre Champagne Bar serves an extensive bottle selection, including 9 available by the glass. It is no wonder that an impressive Champagne School has been born here (the bar is synonymous with Champagne excellence) and we are very excited to attend some masterclasses here very soon!
“I am really proud of our team at St Pancras Brasserie and Champagne Bar who have delivered a fresh and contemporary British menu that sits perfectly within the new design of the restaurant. The launch of the Champagne School will allow us to share our wealth of knowledge on Champagne and British sparkling wines in more depth, internally as a company, as well as to the consumer. This is the first of many changes that we hope will mark a new era for Searcys.” - Matt Thomas, Searcys’ MD
Spaces to Explore
- The art deco brasserie (an all-day restaurant) - now features flexible spaces - perfect for informal meetings and meals, catering for parties of different sizes throughout the restaurant and in its new private dining room.
- A newly added Kitchen Bar - filled with high tables and chairs for all-day working, breakfast meetings and informal business lunches. With room for up to 37 seated guests, it overlooks an open kitchen, that can be used for chef demo events.
- A private dining room - (in the cover photograph) has been reimagined as a 12-seater Tasting Room which can be booked for meetings, masterclasses or parties fizzing with Champagne.
The Champagne School
Guests can now book their own private classes:
- Exclusive Masterclasses (£65 per person for groups of 6 or more), a two-hour session that will include Champagne and food pairing to appeal to all kinds of wine lovers, from beginners to connoisseurs.
- Champagne pre-dinner experiences (£25 per person for groups of 8 or more) which would be a short and informative introduction to Champagne.
- A full five-course menu matching English sparkling wines and champagnes (£120 per person, to be booked in advance).
A thoughtfully curated cocktail list features 10 contemporary twists on 1920s cocktails, named
after trains which used to depart from St Pancras and King’s Cross, such as the “West Riding
Rum”, a punchy nod to the West Riding train which chugged into King’s Cross from Leeds, and the “The Heady Highlandman” – a taste of Scotland’s whisky to celebrate the Highlandman train journey from Fort William.
St Pancras Brasserie and Champagne Bar by Searcys are not just for transient moments between London and the world. Here you will find a wonderful opportunity to converse with friends, loved ones or colleagues in a superb environment, over excellent food and drinks. This hot spot is a smart and beautiful amalgamation of history and impeccable interior design decisions - a place that will remain in your mind and inspire you.