MCLAREN AUTOMOTIVE AND RICHARD MILLE REVEAL JOINTLY-COMMISSIONED TIMEPIECE
Welcome to the world RM 11-03 McLaren Automatic Flyback Chronograph! McLaren Automotive and Richard Mille have revealed their first collaborative timepiece. The show-stopping chronograph was unveiled at the 88th Geneva International Motor Show, during a reception hosted by McLaren Automotive CEO, Mike Flewitt and Richard Mille CEO, Richard Mille.
The Essential Details
- Limited to just 500 pieces globally.
- Priced at 180,000CHF plus tax.
- Available mainly to McLaren Ultimate Series clients.
- Created in close collaboration between McLaren Design Director Rob Melville and Richard Mille Engineer Fabrice Namura.
- Has been in development since McLaren Automotive and Richard Mille partnered last year, uniting a mutual interest in unique design, the use of new materials and modern craftsmanship.
- These influences, as well as design cues taken from McLaren’s range of luxury sports cars and super cars, are reflected in this special timepiece.
- The titanium pushers fitted to the Carbon TPT® case echo the design of the distinctive headlights of the McLaren 720S.
- Titanium inserts similar in shape to the iconic McLaren F1’s air-intake snorkel and bearing the McLaren logo adorn the bezel.
- The complex grade 5 titanium crown is shaped like a McLaren lightweight wheel.
- The McLaren Speedmark logo is incorporated into the rubber strap specifically developed for this watch.
- The watch features the automatic RMAC3 calibre mechanism, first launched in 2016, with a flyback chronograph and 55-hour power reserve.
- The instant return of the counter to zero makes it possible to quickly restart the stopwatch function.
- Richard Mille created a baseplate and bridges made from PVD-treated grade 5 titanium, enabling the gear train to function effortlessly.
- The dial features an annual calendar and oversized date, as well as a 12-hour chronograph and countdown counters.
- The case is made of Carbon TPT®, interlaced with Orange Quartz TPT®, resulting in an extremely resistant and lightweight case while paying tribute to a colour that is synonymous with McLaren.
- The Carbon TPT® enhances the mechanical performance of the RM 11-03 and offers resistance to harsh environments.